Here's what's happening at Folkston UMC this Easter season:
On Sunday, March 28, we'll be blessed with the Easter story told in music:
- Adult Easter Cantata @ 11:00 a.m.
- Kids Musical @ 6:30 p.m.
- Kids will need to be at the church at 5:30 p.m.
- Ice Cream Sundaes will be served after the program.
Holy Week Devotion Bags (for March 28 - April 4)
Leading up to Holy Week, we will have Holy Week Devotion Bags for you to pick up. We have enough for one per family, and will probably have extras if you need a replacement.
How can you get these gifts?
- Drop by the church throughout the week.
- Call and ask Pastor Dan to bring one to you (I would love to see you)! 912-496-7308
- Pick one up during worship or other church activity.
Tenebrae Service (Wednesday, March 31)
After Wednesday Night Supper (@ 6:30 p.m.), we'll gather in the Sanctuary for a Tenebrae Service.
The word Tenebrae comes from the Latin meaning “shadows”. Tenebrae depicts – through the extinguishing of candles and dimming of lights in the sanctuary – the prolonged suffering of Jesus. Join us for this short, but powerful service!
Easter Sunday (April 4)
Worship Service @ 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary, Overflow in the Social Hall
- Come early to bring flowers and get family pictures in front of our lovely Easter Cross.
- Invite friends to drop by and take pictures also! (What an easy way to witness.)